Monday, May 2, 2016

My topic is on perspectives about climate. First, I decided to research the first things that came to mind when I thought about controversy in with the climate. First I thought about global warming. Is Global Warming real? How and when will it start affect us? After searching on google "Global Warming Controversy", I found a Wikipedia page that had informational about it. This did not surprise me at all because Global Warming is a topic that is discussed often. On this article the first thing I read was what the actual controversy was about. The controversy focused on whether or not global warming was occurring, how much has occurred in modern times, what has caused it, what will the affects be, whether or not we should take action, and if action is took, to what measure? A few of these I already knew about but a lot of them I did not. Next, I looked at the public opinion section. In this section I learned about the opinion of the US, Canada, Europe, China, and Japan. I also learned about how they took action in dealing with it and also, what the press covered. One thing that surprised me was all the evidence that they had of global warming happening. It is surprising because even with evidence, there is still so much controversy.
     Next, I looked at a debate forum. This forum had debates on climate in general, technology, climate policy, consequences, and much more. This website was not all surprising for me. This is because of the way people talked to each other on this forum. They were being very rude and also were hardly even discussing climate. However, I found some interesting things. I got to see people's opinions that were publicized by the media which gave me an insight on what normal people thought about climate change.
     On this last website, I was researching the controversy that surrounded the idea of whether or not climate change is caused by humans. This website was very helpful because it presented a issue and told both sides of the perspectives. It also included some very general yet informational facts such as that the global temperatures in the 20th century rose 1.4 degrees fahrenheit. This is also more evidence of climate change.
     Next, I will continue to look into these topics and get a better adea of what i want to really focus on in order to develop a great paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment